Sunday, March 1, 2009

Relaxing, Mommy Style.

Hubby is home today so I'm taking the opportunity to hand the kiddos off and do some things for myself... you know, like taking a shower, doing art with E and making baby shoes for G. *wink wink*



I love the Robeez brand shoes. They are one of the few baby shoes that actually stay where they're supposed to. G is starting to get a little more mobile around the floor so I spent $30 a couple of weeks ago on a new pair of Robeez (with dragons - so cute). But there are also a ton of awesome tutorials on making your own soft soled shoes for your little one, so I thought I'd whip up a pair today. I used this great pattern, and here's the result:




And here's our art project:



We played with homemade playdough, in case you can't make out my beautiful scupture (ha), that's a mommy, daddy and two baby birds in a nest. Playing with dough really is just me trying to make things that the toddler requests... not always pretty.


Here's our dough recipe: combine 1 cup of water, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, 1/2 a cup of salt, 1 tablespoon cream of tartar and some food colouring to a saucepan and heat until warm. Remove from heat and add 1 cup of flour. Stir then knead until smooth. Store in closed container in fridge and it will last a really long time (ours is 2 months old at this point).


And one last thing: yesterday was my Mom's birthday... (happy birthday again Mom!). I made her these pillows for her couch. They are so soft and squishy! Apparently mom put them on the bed last night and Dad was complaining about having to remove them all before sleep.... men...


3 comments:

  1. Great, now I'm going to have to sew baby slippers once I'm done with diapers! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooooh i wish i could sew.... i want to make baby shoes! they are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pillows and shoes!! I wish I could make some shoes like that but Im just not talented enough.

    FWIW My boys love to do the playdough stuff to.. your sculpture looks pretty darn awesome though.

    ReplyDelete