Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Birthday Gift

I fell in love with this tutorial back in January. I loved the finished product and have since made one for Rose (my hubby's mom) and I just finished this one for a friend that's in desperate need of some knitting needle organization! (and it's her birthday this week!)

The fabrics were some great "clearance" finds that I adore. (I may even go back to get enough to make myself a skirt!). I crocheted the wrap around tie from some merino wool - this is the only thing I know how to crochet.. ha!

I embellished the inside with some iron-on applique butterflies, neat wooden buttons and a ribbon to hold stitch markers. I just LOVE how it turned out!
Something a little extra... we decided to get a shot of G's favourite nursing position of late. This position is usually accentuated by humming and "singing". He's such a boy.


And another project I just finished up for TataTushies . I ADORE these little pants. I guess the colours are just my taste. I'm going to knit up a second pair for G's fall/winter stash. ;)

And my adorable son playing on Canada Day. I like this picture. :)

1 comment:

  1. I've got that tutorial bookmarked myself. I seriously need to get to it! Yours looks great :)
    I passed along a blog award to you :)

    ReplyDelete